The initial price you pay to purchase a printer for your business is only a fraction of the costs you might incur when you have to buy ink and other print materials. There are some things you can do to save on the ink that you’ll use to print your business material. Here are the tips below.
- You should only print things that are essential for you to print. You need to ensure that it is relevant and useful so that you don’t need to use unnecessary amounts of ink.
- Always make use of the print preview option so that you see exactly how your print will actually look, when it’s done. That way, you won’t have to alter and re-print various documents to your satisfaction.
- Ensure that you print the important text over the relevant images, if you are choosing to print the documents for later reference.
- Try to use draft mode for printing as much as you can. It will cause your document to print at a lower resolution. When you want to print your final or official version, you can switch to a higher resolution for the document.
- Use black and white ink for printing your text to lower the amount of ink used from your cartridges.
- Try your best to avoid using color print – use it only when it’s absolutely necessary. Other than that, you should use black and white print to print out your documents.
- Make sure that you maintain your printer maintained and one way that you can do that is to keep the printer nozzles free of dried ink buildup.
If you are looking for high quality printing products in Ottawa such as business cards, flyers, yard signs, posters, brochures or envelopes then you should call us now for a free printing estimate. Our Ottawa print shop is part of our network of 3 commercial printing warehouses across Canada working 3 shifts per day to produce high quality printing products for our dynamic clients across Canada. We have a retail pickup location in Ottawa for all of your Ottawa printing needs and we can even offer same day rush printing services if needed to get you your print marketing materials fast.