In the previous posts, we’ve enlightened you on a number of print marketing terms that are important to know about print marketing. Fortunately, this is our last post about these terms – read them below…
- Paid circulation is the number of printed copies which are purchased by readers at a specific time.
- Pass-along readership is often referred to as Secondary Audience. They are readers of a publication in addition to the initial buyer.
- Preprint is an advertising insert which is printer in advance of the regular press run and then combined with the final publication right before it is actually distributed.
- A Publisher’s Statement is a notarized statement from the publisher of total circulation, method of getting subscriptions, geographic distribution and more.
- Readership is the number or percentage of people who read an ad or a publication.
- The Readers Per Copy is the number of readers per copy of a magazine or newspaper.
- A Regional Edition is a national publication’s geographic-specific location which provides circulation within that specific geographic area.
- The ROP color is color printing which happens during the scheduled press run and is placed the publication’s usual space.
- ROP or Run of paper is newspaper advertising which is positioned to run anywhere in a publication. It doesn’t have an exact choice of a specific page or position and its placement is dependent on the newspaper’s discretion.
- A Spot color is a single extra colour ink which is added to a page.
- A Supplement is a newspaper section in magazine format which is made before the newspaper is distributed.
- A Tabloid is a newspaper format which is just about half of the size of a broadsheet newspaper.
- A Tearsheet is a publication page, that holds the advertiser’s message. It is sent to the advertiser to show accurate placement proof.
If you are looking for high quality printing products in Ottawa such as business cards, flyers, yard signs, posters, brochures or envelopes then you should call us now for a free printing estimate. Our Ottawa print shop is part of our network of 3 commercial printing warehouses across Canada working 3 shifts per day to produce high quality printing products for our dynamic clients across Canada. We have a retail pickup location in Ottawa for all of your Ottawa printing needs and we can even offer same day rush printing services if needed to get you your print marketing materials fast.