Print marketing is crucial for a number of businesses in today’s world. If it’s crucial for your business, then you should make sure that you’re aware of some of the basic terms that are associated with this kind of marketing campaign. We’re going to define some of those terms for you right now.
- An advertorial is a print advertisement which is made to look like editorial matter or a newspaper/magazine story.
- A bleed is when the print extends past the printed page’s trimmed edge.
- A center spread is an advertisement which appears on the two facing pages of a newspaper. It tends to be printed on a single sheet, at the center of the publication.
- A circulation is the total average number of copies of a publication which were distributed during a specified standard time.
- A classified advertising is one which is arranged according to categories featuring items offered for sale at a price which is set for a specific time period.
- A classified display advertising is simply classified advertising that has display advertising characteristics.
- A CYMK – this stands for cyan, magenta, yellow and black, and these are the four ink colors which are used for full color printing.
- A column inch is a publication space which is used as a measure for advertising space and is a column wide and one inch wide.
If you are looking for high quality printing products in Ottawa such as business cards, flyers, yard signs, posters, brochures or envelopes then you should call us now for a free printing estimate. Our Ottawa print shop is part of our network of 3 commercial printing warehouses across Canada working 3 shifts per day to produce high quality printing products for our dynamic clients across Canada. We have a retail pickup location in Ottawa for all of your Ottawa printing needs and we can even offer same day rush printing services if needed to get you your print marketing materials fast.