You are launching your new business. You have developed well-articulated business plan and forecasts for your growth rate. Now here comes the exciting part, branding your company.
Your company logo; the good, the bad, and the ugly, we have seen them all. You must select a logo that delivers strong visual branding before you can order your business cards and promotional materials.
The following are a few pointers for you to consider before you commit to a design that will be an everlasting representation of your brand.
- Take Your Time:Your work and dedication of getting your business launched are going to place some extensive time restrictions on you. Do not hurry into a logo obligation that you will possibly regret months or even weeks later. Slow down. Try to avoid letting the excitement of promoting your new endeavour rush you into the wrong choice.
- Get Feedback: We all have blind spots at some point in time. Have people you trust both in and outside of your industry look at your logo options. You do not have to be persuaded by every judgement, but extra eyes may notice a weak area that you have missed, saving you time and money in the long-run.
- Consider Hiring a Professional:When you are on a tight budget, you may be drawn to skimping on your logo design. Nevertheless, consider the long-term impact that your logo will have on your company’s image. The investment is worth it. One cost-effective option is to employ a design student and pay them in trade, or food. At the end of the day, make sure you get both black and white and full-colour variations in vector and other file formats.
- Avoid Boring or Common Concepts: Your logo should brand your company. It should set you apart from others in the marketplace. In an ideal world, it will mirror upon your company’s personality or compliment the products or services that you offer. Basic logos confuse the commercial space and do nothing to make you extraordinary.
- Keep it Clean and Simple: Logos ought to be quickly identifiable. Simple lines that allow for clean replication in every medium are imperative. For instance, an intricate logo that incorporates tree branches may look attractive in print, but when the time comes for you to embroider it, you may be in trouble.
If you are looking for high-quality printing products in Ottawa such as business cards, flyers, yard signs, posters, brochures or envelopes then you should call us now for a free printing estimate. Our Ottawa print shop is part of our network of 3 commercial printing warehouses across Canada working 3 shifts per day to produce high-quality printing products for our dynamic clients across Canada. We have a retail pickup location in Ottawa for all your Ottawa printing needs and we can even offer same day rush printing services if needed to get you your print marketing materials fast