To print well, you must first understand your printer and one of the most basic things you need to know about your printer is if the printer feeds face up or if they face down. If you don’t already know this, you can figure it out by doing these simple tests…
- First, take a blank sheet of paper and draw an arrow pointing to one of the shorter sides of the paper.
- Second, insert the paper into the feed try with the arrow facing you and pointing into the printer.
- Now, feed the paper to your top feed or front feed printer and print your design.
- Finally, you should be able to tell which side the design printed on.
- If it printed on the same side as the arrow, then your printer feeds face up, so you should always feed your paper with the side to be printed, facing you.
- If it didn’t print on the same side of the arrow, then your printer feeds face down and you should ensure that you feed it with the side to be printer, away from you, or facing down.
If you are looking for high quality printing products in Ottawa such as business cards, flyers, yard signs, posters, brochures or envelopes then you should call us now for a free printing estimate. Our Ottawa print shop is part of our network of 3 commercial printing warehouses across Canada working 3 shifts per day to produce high quality printing products for our dynamic clients across Canada. We have a retail pickup location in Ottawa for all of your Ottawa printing needs and we can even offer same day rush printing services if needed to get you your print marketing materials fast.