Designing a poster is a great way to campaign your business and send a message with an interesting design to your audience. You can start your poster design with the use of a common canvas.
They come in various common sizes, like “8.5 by 11 inch letter (or A4), 11 by 17 inches and 22 by 34 inches”. Larger posters come in the common 24 inches by 36 inches. They are usually designed vertically, but may take on a horizontal orientation as well. If you’re interested in creating your own poster, we want to show you some great design tips you can use to do so.
- Ensure that the words on the poster you design are easy to read from a distance.
- Design the poster so that the contrast between its elements grabs the attention of your viewers.
- Carefully consider the size and location of your poster so that it works well with the environment in which it is placed.
- Create a mini version of your poster so that you can use it in other areas to serve the same purpose as the larger version.
- Try to use a single, large visual for your poster.
- Make sure to add plenty space between the elements on your poster.
- Always include a Call To Action in your poster.
- Make use of beautiful typography in your poster, to really attract customers, but try not to overdo it with the different fonts.
- Try out something different on your poster, like a new printing technique.
- Don’t be shy – experiment and add some fun to your poster.
If you are looking for high quality printing products in Ottawa such as business cards, flyers, yard signs, posters, brochures or envelopes then you should call us now for a free printing estimate. Our Ottawa print shop is part of our network of 3 commercial printing warehouses across Canada working 3 shifts per day to produce high quality printing products for our dynamic clients across Canada. We have a retail pickup location in Ottawa for all of your Ottawa printing needs and we can even offer same day rush printing services if needed to get you your print marketing materials fast.